What effect does an intraabdominal abcess have on the joints?What effect does an intraabdominal abcess have on the joints?

I suffered a ruptured diverticulum 8/17 (maybe before but that is when the pain was very intense), and it became an intraabdominal abscess. I have psoriatic arthritis and participate in the databank research. My joints are much more tender (even the small bones in my feet). Is this a sequela to this infection and how long will this symptom last? Should I notify my rheum doc now? Have not been under treatment for quite some times as I was without insurance for 18 months. Thanks for your assistance.

Answers from our Doctors

LUGGENME's picture
Dr. Mike Luggen says:

I would consult with your rheumatologist as soon as possible. It may be that your other physicians have stopped your arthritis medicines (appropriately) and this has resulted in a flare. Or, sometimes stress can cause arthritis to flare. If that were the case, you would need additional therapy, but only your rheumatologist could decide (in consultation with your primary care physician) what treatment would be best under the circumstances.

Answered on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 10:50


Commenting: Guest
09/22/2010 - 11:13

Dear Dr. Luggen,

Thank you very much for answsering my question. My rheumatologist is hard to get in to see. I have an appointment with her on Monday, but did not realize I should have called her when these additional symptoms started showing up. Now since the appointment is in just a few days I will wait. But, I will not wait should anything like this happen again.

Again, I appreciate your help very much.

Joyce Beckman

Commenting: Guest
10/10/2019 - 09:07

The effect of the introduction is always good and applied for the conditions for the field. It is applied for the flow of the ‌‌uk essays review for all welcomed items for the humans. The surface is approved for the width and widely informed spaces for the candidates in the middle of the offers for the tips for the techniques for the humans.

Commenting: Guest
10/11/2019 - 11:18

You should have to contact with your doctor when you feel the joint pain because this is a very sensitive issue to deal with, so find the best doctor in town.
London escorts statues

Commenting: Guest
01/15/2021 - 21:15

tendances du coronavirus - france
erectile band
erectile pills canada
hcqs side effects
coronavirus treatment news
solutions to erectile dysfunction
chloroquine and plaquenil
tadalafil xtenda 20 mg
buy tadalafil us
zithromax zpak

Add comment